Pages

Friday, February 8, 2013

How to get More for your Money-- Everytime you Shop!

One day a couple years ago, I was looking at a price label on the shelf in a store. Then I saw a magical magical thing-- "price per ounce." When you compare the price per ounce, you can truly find the best value for almost every product. In some cases you may even notice that the off-brand is not the best deal, or maybe a different off-brand is a better deal. I use this trick for almost everything. For example. When I buy cereal (which is not very often), I do not choose any that are over $0.12 an ounce.

Using this trick will get you a lot more for your money. Does anyone else use this trick?

2 comments:

  1. I use this all the time! I am so glad grocery stores are starting to do it, so that my brain and calculator can relax :)
    Also, talking abt grocery shopping, every time I go I take my calculator to keep myself on budget. Do I look silly? Probably, but when you live Ramsey style I find that it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it huh! I always have my phone out and am dividing things so I can find the best deal. It drives my husband nuts too because it takes me forever to shop sometimes. It is nice when the store will just do it for you. Haha I love it! Ramsey-ers definitely have to know how to use a calculator, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete