Pages

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

5 Dollar Remedies from Dr. Oz

I have to apologize. I know I have not blogged for a few days. Somehow I caught the flu over the weekend and have been stuck in bed. I have never had it before but man is it nasty. I am seriously considering getting a flu shot after this.

So I was watching Dr. Oz today (not a big fan but there was nothing else on) and he had a Dr. from Harvard Medical School come and share her home remedies for under $5. As I currently have illness on the brain, and this sounded budget friendly, I ran and grabbed a pencil and paper.


Here are the remedies:

Back Pain
Mix a few drops of peppermint oil with water in a small paper cup and freeze. Peel off the paper cup and apply to back. Massage.

Cold
Mix 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar, 1/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Drink. The apple cider vinegar with boost your immune system, the honey will coat your throat, and the cayenne pepper will break down the mucus.

Toothache
Apply ground cloves to the affected area

Bad Breath
Chew on some fresh parsely

Chapped Lips
Brush your lips with a soft toothbrush. Spread mixture of 1 tsp each of lemon juice, sugar, and honey onto lips. Wash or lick off and apply additional honey to seal in moisture. Who needs Burt's Bees? ;)

As soon as I purchase some honey, I am going to try the cold and chapped lip remedies.

No comments:

Post a Comment