Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Night 2 Dinner (1/26-2/2)

Last night we had Slow Cooker Chicken Caesar Sandwiches from Chef-in-Training

Ingredients:

Chicken 1 lb, cooked and shredded 1.79
Kroger Light Caesar Dressing (partial bottle) 0.50
Iceburg Lettuce 0.99
Parmesan Cheese (already had it)
pepper, parsley
Homemade Hamburger Buns 0.35 for 12

Total
$3.63

This was seriously mouth-watering-ly good! I have made this chicken recipe from Chef-In-Training before and love it every time. I was in a pinch for time so I just threw them on the stovetop and they turned out great. You can find her recipe here

This was my first tine making homemade hamburger buns and I was a little nervous to try it out but they turned out so fluffy, they cut in half easily, they were super fast, and they were so yummy that I will probably use them as a roll recipe too.

40-minute Hamburger Buns
(like large sliders so you may want to double recipe)

2 tbsp yeast
1 cup plus 2 tbsp warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
1/3 cupe vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp salt
3-3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add oil and sugar; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the egg, salt, and enough flour to form a soft dough.

Turn onto a floured surface (I just knead my dough inside the bowl for less mess); knead until smooth and elastic, about 3-5 minutes. Do not let rise. Divide into 12 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 3 in. apart on greased baking sheets.

Cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Bake at 425 for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment